Myanmar, Vietnam ·
12 Days ·
6 Moments ·
28 August 2017
Day 12.. 26/08
Day bus from Nyuang Shwe to Yangon
Hostel: Little Yangon Hostel
- Sule Pagoda in the middle of the roundabout
- Yangon Market
- Mahandaboola gardens, city hall, independence palace
Very rainy so chilled at the Hostel for a few hours before dinner ..
- Rangoon Tea House 5*
25 August 2017
Day 11.. 25/08
SPA DAY 💃🏻
- massage / mani / pedi in Nyaung Shwe
- bevs at Asiatico
- dim sum lunch
24 August 2017
Day 8.. 22/08
we arrived in Kalaw via a day bus from Mandalay
Hotel: Dream Villa
- dinner at Red House for pizza 🍕
Day 9.. 23/08
- Eversmile 2 day trek started of well with blue skies, after lunch time it started to rain making the ground VERY muddy and slippery. The afternoon trek was meant to take 2-3 hours but ended up taking 4-5 hours. 17km walked.
- Arrived at the locals house at 7ish for a shower(bucket of rainwater) and dinner
Day 10.. 24/08
- Day 2 of the trek..weather had started off bad, but the ground was a lot less slippy than the day before, we also had sticks which helped a lot!
- We reached the lunch spot at Inle
lake around 1 o'clock, had lunch and then got the boat down the lake to Nyuang Shwe.
Hotel: Manaw Than
-dinner at One Owl Grill 5* with some celebratory Gintons
21 August 2017
Day 6.. 20/08
We got to Mandalay around 5pm on the day bus from Bagan
Hostel: Ostello Bello Mandalay
- dinner at Cafe City via Mandalay Palace for dinner for some non Burmese food.
Day 7.. 21/08
- Mandalay Hill to the Pagoda at the top and a few more pagodas at the bottom of the Hill.
- 2 hour walk to the goldleaf factory, bought some gold leaf souvenirs
- rainy trip to U Bein bridge
- Dinner at Mingalar Bar for more burmese food
19 August 2017
Day 5 .. 19/08
- morning food market shop with May for our cooking class. We chose to make aubergine and long bean curry, beef curry, okra and cauliflower 5*
- afternoon chill at the hostel
- evening sunset tour from OB
- dinner at the Little Village Restaurant
17 August 2017
Day 2 ..16/08
We arrived in Yangon 6pm after another day of traveling
Hostel: Pickled Tea Hostel
- stroll past to Shwedagone Pagoda
- Feel Food Night Market (too many dogs!)
- Vista Rooftop Bar for a view of the Shwedagon Pagodas by night 5*
Day 3.. 17/08
The next morning we headed out early to make the most of our day...
- Shwedagon Pagoda by day
- Sitting Buddha
- Reclining Buddha
- Lakeside lunch and wander around the Lake
After A LOT of walking we headed back to the Hostel to freshen up (and a little wifi time).. ready for our first overnight bus experience...