India · 2 Days · 8 Moments · July 2018

7 July 2018

We walked around different aisles dissected by books arranged as per genres. After that we once again took an Uber and went back to the clinic for my report and I was relieved to find everything normal (not sure if that would be the case in a mental checkup๐Ÿ˜). Giddy with joy, we then headed for drinks at Park Street. Before that, we stopped at a waffle cafe and shared a waffle topped with honey and butter. At One Step Up, Sayan settled for a beer and I chose to drink Bailey's Irish Cream cocktail. It was good old time to catch up with him. ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š
After eating my salad and drinking an iced tea, I felt better so we went to South City Mall and thank god we did! (I had to pass my time until I collected my medical certificate back after 3pm). For the first time, I saw a basketball match being played inside a mall. Yes. A mall. So we watched the match for some time and then roamed around until we spotted a bookstore which was fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ We even spotted a police lego figurine inside btw. ๐Ÿ‘ฎ
Bonsoir! So Day 3 and I am busy not being busy. Yesterday my health wasn't up to mark but I managed to do many things with Sayan and later with my sister and her colleague. Since I haven't been able to note down day 2 details, I will try to brief it simple and short ๐Ÿ˜Š Yesterday morning I woke up at 6 and managed to shower and get dressed leaving the flat at 8am sharp. Reached Pulse Diagnostics situated on Sarat Bose Road 45 minutes later with an Uber. My requisite tuberculosis medical test for UK visa took 3 hours to finish because of the crowd. Once done, I and Sayan walked 15 minutes in blazing heat to a mall (my worst decision of the day) and ate subway salad and sandwich. I couldn't finish the salad because I felt dizzy with heat, exhaustion and anxiety. Thankfully Sayan was super helpful in trying to keep me calm and cheery.
Bonjour! So I had trouble sleeping before 3am last night since I usually crash at dawn. But had to catch up on few hours of good sleep before I head to Pulse Diagnostics - Sarat Bose Road to get my medical check up done for my visa. I will also meet up with my bestie, Sayan. The procedure will be done in an hour or so but I am expecting to get the results after 3pm today. Meanwhile, I plan to visit few places so let's see how the day unwinds! ๐Ÿ˜Š

6 July 2018

Reached my sister's place without any hassle. Never been to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Airport, Kolkata. Been here before but I travelled via train then. The weather is surprisingly beautiful๐Ÿ˜. I have seen it during heavy rain and it is a mess. This feels lovely. Off now to relax till my sister is back from her office at night. ยกAdios!
My flight was supposed to reach Kolkata at 3:45pm. And here I am in front of conveyor belt waiting to pick up my luggage. The flight was earlier than expected (3:20pm). On flight, the moment I was given my coffee and Maggi, I was surprised that there was an announcement to close the front table and put the seat belt on because we shall be landing soon. I mean, can't a lady just have her coffee and Maggi in peace now?! ๐Ÿ˜• Had to rush through my scalding hot coffee and finish Maggi before the wheels hit the land. Bad idea to order hot stuffs in the first placeโ™จ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ญ.
Seated in my preferred aisle seat (16C). I am confused whether I should continue reading my ebook on kindle or watch a movie on my mobile ๐Ÿ™„. Decisions decisions ๐Ÿ˜’. How do you pass your time on board?

5 July 2018

Last night before I leave for Kolkata tomorrow afternoon. I will be staying at my cousin sister's place for next few days. I hope my visa credibility interview goes well and I can catch up with some sight-seeing and meet my bestie. Fingers crossed for good times ahead! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰