- late start. 5pm, has to settle into Airbnb and navigate Florence transport
- Brunelleschi dome. Won contest in 1418, amateur designer. Adjacent to cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Ponte Vecchio, home of century old jewelry shops and their homes.
- leads to Plazza del Michelangelo, the part of Florence home to Michelangelo’s birthplace. Panoramic views of the Florentine landscape. Small, brown, and flat! Brunelleschi’s dome towers over the city.
- Plazza del Vecchio, home to the statue of David. Did I see David or merely a replica?
- celebrated Alvina’s dinner in the Plazza. I had tortelliniwith ricotta cheese and aubergine sauce. Accompanied with prosecco.
- walked back home. Florence is ridiculously walkable.
Currently taking the train along the Tuscan countryside, from Venice to Florence!