Netherlands, Germany · 3 Days · 4 Moments · August 2017

Amanda's adventure in Berlin, Germany

30 August 2017

Nothing. I have several bug bites, three of which are on my face and I just don't want to do anything. Mark went to the pharmacy to get me some anti itch cream and some German benadryl and I didn't actually leave the hotel room until 6pm. I started feeling better after I got out and about so when Francesca invited us to a Rock and Roll Burlesque show, I couldn't pass it up. I'm glad we went. This was PEAK Berlin. We got back super late and packed for the early train ride to Amsterdam in the morning.

29 August 2017

WE HAD A BUS TOUR TODAY. A wonderful reprieve from all the walking tours. We learned about East and West Berlin and the Wall and visited the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of the Holocaust. It was interactive and very moving and very well done in my opinion. After the bus tour, a group of us went to get meisterburgers and then met Francesca at the tattoo shop where we intended to just let the artist know our ideas. As it turns out, he didn't have anything booked, so he spent the ENTIRE day tattooing all 5 of us!! It was a pretty relaxing day and our tats are beautiful. Thanks Matteo! Oh yeah, after our tattoos we went to an Absinthe bar but we didn't hallucinate. Or did we.

28 August 2017

Bus ride to Berlin! This day, which was supposed to be uneventful, was quite stressful. We rode for about an hour and a half to the town of Dresden to have lunch (and get gelato of course) and were then told the bus was broken. We board the broken bus to the maintenance shop and wait for about 45 minutes for the new bus. The new but was total crap and we had to use three rows of seats for luggage! We ride for another hour or so, then stop for snacks and potty, only to find out that we were about to get on a newer, nicer bus! Hooray! Except that about 20 minutes into the ride on the new bus, Mark realized he left his phone on the crap bus since we didn't know we were switching. Oops. But Francesca is amazing and has the phone waiting for us in Amsterdam. Anyway, we finally arrive in Berlin after a few more hours and Mark and I head straight to the hotel room. Too much drama for today.