Hong Kong S.A.R., China ·
3 Days ·
3 Moments ·
6 March 2017
Day 4 -
Post office - Pope to post back his skateboard - after skating for 2 minutes on route there - near the man with his tortoise - putting it down and strolling around it in weird formations - like some kind of ritual.
And I posted my notebook home along with a Hong Kong shot glass that I had bought.
Walked to Hennessy road and found a place called Churchill's and had a nice English/ American breakfast - went down a treat :)
We then headed to Victoria's Peak
This was awesome - no queues - took a crazy steep tram up to the top of the mountain - and had a photo shoot at the sky terrace 428.
Then we were naughty and had a cheeky bit of Bubba Gump Shrimp which was at the top of the peak with a spectacular view. (Bit out of our budget but we just couldn't resist!)
Back to the hotel - to check out by 6pm - very sad to leave.
Had to RUN to collect visas - but somehow made it!
Got my nails done. Had a beer or 2 and then went and found Walden Hotel - checked in and passed out!
5 March 2017
Day 3 -
Woke up early again- stumbled across a pool of terrapins at our hotel :)
Hopped the subway to Admiralty - and spent most of day exploring the Hong Kong botanical and zoological gardens.
- beautiful botanical gardens
- fishes and terrapins galore
- 105 step tower overlooking gardens & city
- Thai Chi garden
- incredible huge Avery full of beautiful birds
- cactus garden
- zoo of lots of (crazy) monkeys, lemur, birds, flamingos, orangutans, meerkats etc.
We ate at a Radom shack in the park - tuna sandwiches and questionable hot dog & curry fish balls :/
Then we went back to the hotel and went for another swim - sauna etc. And then relaxed in my gown by the pool, had a few drinks, and some free crisps ;) and enjoyed the luxury.
Then went to our room - ordered room service and watched shooter until bed time.
(Not exactly the backpacking lifestyle)
3 March 2017
Day 1 - checked in, chilled in the hotel, went for a little explore around our area, went for food at a local restaurant (was delicious), and then went back to the hotel - relaxed and got a good nights sleep.
Day 2 - got up nice and early and hopped the subway to Tsim Sha Tsui to go sort out our visas, we then got a Starbucks and sat in a park. Then we just explored the whole area of Tsim Sha Tsui:
- Garden of Stars
- TST Clock Tower
- where we stumbled across a Chinese Show/ Mini Festival - it was all in Chinese but it was a hilarious experience. And this is where I got absolutely frazzled from the sun escaping the clouds once for the shortest time. - ended up looking like a Beluga Whale! :( this lasted a few hideously unfortunate days!
- back to the hotel, had a swim, we then went out to Central to have an explore.
Stumbled across a place/ bar called 'Rummin Tings' - which turned into a hilariously fun night out. We had some food and a few pints and observed.